Monday, May 4, 2009

the Stoehr kids are finally here!

Hello everyone! Bradley, the pups and I are finally here, doing well and are excited to finally post on the family blog! With the warmer weather here, it seems like that's our que for our social calendar to fill up... it's been crazy but we enjoy it. Bradley is wrapping up his spring term with graduate school and will enjoy the next two weeks off before hitting the books again. I know I speak for him when I say December cannot get here soon enough! I'm so, so, so proud of him - he works 50-60 hour work weeks, goes to class in the evenings and still finds time for us. What an amazing guy! Be looking for invitations to celebrate with us as he finishes up school and gets his MBA!



I'm sure many of you have heard but we have a new addition to the Stoehr family! We adopted Mimi (pictured left) back in February from the Charlotte Humane Society and have loved every minute of having her. She is a 10-month old Jack Russell terrier mix (we're not quite sure what the 'mix' is...) and would be perfectly fine living out her days with someone constantly scratching her head. She's smart as a whip and certainly gives Moxie a run for her money. We were concerned at the dynamics since Moxie is pretty territorial (after all, she was the only child for 2.5 years!) but after a couple expected tifs, we are happy to report they are getting along beautifully. :) Can't wait for you all to meet her - she's a hoot!






I have personally wrapped up a lot of exciting events over the last couple of weeks, including our alumnae chapter's Relay for Life - Downtown Columbia event, which has raised over $2,500! It is such an amazing effort to remember those who we have lost to cancer and honor those who are surviving each day. It was a night of laughs, memories, tears and friendship. 8 of my sorority sisters, including myself, spent a good bit of time enjoying each other's company, goofing off, planning for next year's RFL event but also had the opportunity to reflect on this past year. One of our chapter sisters, Jeanne Luke, passed away from cancer in November and it was really hard not having her there with us this year. Another sister is currently fighting breast cancer and only has one treatment left - we are all so proud of her! Looking at the hand I've been dealt, I'm extremely grateful & humble that I have the opportunity to continue fighting for this cause. I was even offered the position of Staff Advisor for Winthrop's 2010 Relay for Life - how cool is that?! :) I promise to keep everyone posted!

We will do our very best to post more often and hope you are all doing great... miss & love you bunches!

No comments: